Thursday, September 3, 2009

I don't sing!

This last weekend, I was at my Youth Symphony's kick-off retreat, and every year they have a weird little talent show that involves a lot of really bad jokes almost no talent at all, but still, it's pretty fun and it's enjoyable to watch people make fools of themselves on a stage...especially when you can get in on the action!

So ya, that's what I did this year. Last year I did a strange improv stand-up that wasn't really that funny, but I think it got the show going again at a low point. maybe.

This year, on the other hand, I decided I would try my voice out a little bit and sing. Problem is, I can't sing. Still, I picked one of my all-time favorite songs, Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World (below) and decided to try it out. One of my friends had brought a guitar with him to the retreat, so I got him to figure out the generally correct chords to go along with the song. Then I got my other friend to figure out the bass line and play it on his violin. So we had a violinist playing bass. pretty epic. :)

Anyways, although we sounded nothing like the real thing, it was fun and I think it was fun for our audience too. Still, I think I'll stick to violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment